You’ve decided you are going to try the paleolithic diet. You’ve read this post and have a general idea of what it is you are supposed to eat, and what it is you are supposed to avoid. You throw out everything you own that isn’t healthy and you make your way to the grocery storeonly to realize…’wait, what exactly should I buy?’.
Never fear, here is a list of staple items to get..
Staples to have:
- Olive Oil
- Yellow Squash
- Spices – Will take time and some investment. Just buy as recipe’s call for them.
- Tomatoes – Diced
- Tomato paste
- Frozen vegetables
- Frozen fruits (for smoothies).
- sweet potatoes
- Salad mix
- guacamole (or avocados)
Moderation staples: Buy depending on diet needs. Trying to loss weight – buy less fruit and nuts. Nuts can also start being addicting and too easy to snack on.
- Fruits: bananas, apples, berries, etc..
- Nuts – almonds, brazil, walnuts, pecans, macademia
- Almond Butter
- Organic Ketchup
- BBQ Sauce – Bone Suckin’ Sauce (Only paleo ingredients)
- Almond milk (only if you need to ween off of milk, but optimally don’t buy this).
- Game meats or anything else exotic that you feel like diving into