Feb 27

Simple Meditation Instructions For People with ADHD

“I can’t meditate! I have ADHD! I tried! It’s too hard and I suck at it!” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard this excuse from people with ADHD as to why they can’t meditate. But this is just an excuse, I know because I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD myself, so I know …

Continue reading »

Feb 18

Stop Trying to Find Happiness..

People often tell me that they are trying to find happiness. As if happiness were some lost treasure. If only it could be found, maybe in another country, another relationship, another job, then they might have it. Happiness is not something that can be found. It is not something you need to search for, it’s …

Continue reading »

Feb 08

The Awakened Ape Now Available on Paperback

My book the Awakened Ape is now available on paperback. It’s 280 pages, yet people have been telling me they are finishing it one sitting! Check it out. The Awakened Ape – paperback

Feb 07

Tom Brady and Gisele’s Diet — Pretty Paleo

An interview with Tom and Giselle’s chef at boston.com revealed their diet. Here is the chef in his own words. Campbell: So, 80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent …

Continue reading »

Jan 25

Paleo Diet Better than ADA Diet for Type 2 Diabetes

A recent Study Published in European Journal of Clinical Nutrition compared two groups of diabetic patients over the span of a few weeks. One group was given a Paleo diet to eat, comprising lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. The other group was given the diet recommended by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) which contained low-fat dairy, …

Continue reading »

Jan 17

Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris in conversation.

Two of the world’s greatest minds in conversation. Dawkins, especially, is at the top of his game here. The first minute of this conversation includes a poem Dawkins wrote about his recent stroke. It’s absolutely sublime. Topics they discuss: Memes Genetics and IQ Religion The Biology of Race How to Find Meaning without Religion.   …

Continue reading »

Jan 08

What Sport has the Fittest Athletes?

People often debate, what sport produces the fittest athletes? Is it cyclists, marathon runners, gymnasts, Cross-fitters? In order to properly answer this question we must define fitness, which is different than athleticism. Athleticism = Fitness + Coordination + Sport related Skills. Fitness = The ideal mix of endurance, strength, and flexibility. Some people may question …

Continue reading »

Nov 22

What is Biohacking?

How does one become happier? How does one become healthier? How can I function at my best? How can I be more focused, calm, and productive? Biohacking takes the mystery out of human well-being. At it’s core, the philosophy of biohacking is that human beings are biological machines, and that human well-being is not an …

Continue reading »

Nov 20

The 10-Minute Hotel Room Workout

Here is a simple workout that I came up with while staying in a tiny one room cabin in the middle of the woods during a meditation retreat. It requires very little space, and no exercise equipment. So it’s perfect for when you are traveling, only have a few minutes to spare, or can’t get …

Continue reading »

Nov 20

Are We Really the Smartest Species?

Homo sapiens are regarded as far and away the smartest species on the planet. So much so, that religious people have thought for centuries that man’s place in the universe is something special. Even, that the universe must in some way be created for us. No other species has the control over nature that we …

Continue reading »

Older posts «

» Newer posts